Record a Classic, Anywhere.
Universal Audio created Volt 1 for singers, songwriters, guitarists, livestreamers, and podcasters. This portable 1-in/2-out USB recording interface for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone gives you superior sound quality, a Vintage Mic Preamp mode derived from UAs 610 tube preamp, plus a suite of industry-leading music software so your next recording will sound classic.
• Create classic-sounding music productions, livestreams, and podcasts on Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
• Record your voice or guitar with rich, full sound using Vintage Mic Preamp mode
• Produce with an essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAMs Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
• Build your desktop production studio around a stylish interface, built to withstand years of home and mobile recording
Record Yourself with Best-in-Class Audio Quality
From the team that brought you the game-changing Apollo interface, Volt 1 delivers superior studio sound quality, with more character and tone than any USB interface in its class.
Capture a Classic Vocal with Vintage Mic Preamp Mode
Few sounds can compare to a vintage Universal Audio 610 tube preamp, as used to record everyone from Ray Charles to Van Halen. Volt 1 gives you the rich, full sound of this classic UA mic/line/instrument preamp, thanks to its built-in tube emulation circuitry, a UA exclusive.
Stay Inspired with a Curated Suite of Audio Software
Some audio interfaces give you a smattering of random audio apps. Not Volt. Instead, UA put together a bundle of serious music production tools, virtual instruments, and plug-ins including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAMs Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
• Ableton Live Lite
• Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Amp
• Softube Time & Tone Bundle
• Celemony Melodyne Essential
• Relab LX480 Essentials
• Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic
• Plugin Alliance Brainworx bx_tuner
• Plugin Alliance Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic
• UJAM Virtual Drummer DEEP
• UJAM Virtual Bassist DANDY
• Spitfire LABS
Easy In, Easy Out
Volt 1 gives you simple 1-in/2-out audio connections. Just plug a mic or instrument into the front panel. Then connect your speakers or headphones to monitor your audio with no latency. With Volt, you'll be creating like a pro, fast.
iPad & iPhone Ready
Traveling light? Plug Volt 1 into your iPad or iPhone, and you can easily create beats and samples, record your bands rehearsals, and edit songs anywhere.*
Includes a 30-day Free Trial to UAD Spark
Volt 1 users get an extended 30-day free trial to UAD Spark, an ever-expanding library of world-class plug-ins and instruments for a low monthly price. UAD Spark plug-ins run natively on Mac and will give your recordings the pro analog tones heard on your favourite albums.
Capture Inspiration for Years to Come
Featuring rugged all-metal construction and sleek, vintage-inspired industrial design, Volt 1 elevates your production space with impeccable style, built to last decades.
*Requires external Volt power supply and an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (except iPad Pro with USB-C).
• Desktop 1-in/2-out USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
• Vintage Mic Preamp mode lets you record voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of a classic UA tube preamp
• Essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAMs Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
• Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
• USB bus powered to reduce cable clutter
• 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
• Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
• Stylish, rugged construction built to withstand years of use
• 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
• USB-C to USB-A cable included
Mac & PC
• Available USB 2.0 (or higher) port
• USB cable (included)
• Intel, AMD, or Apple Silicon processor
• (PC) Windows 10 64-bit edition
• (macOS) 10.14 Mojave or later
• Internet connection for software downloads
iPad & iPhone
• iPadOS / iOS 14 or later